Sunday, October 24, 2010

More of my journey of discovery

Well folks, it's been too long since I las posted some news up here, and there is enough of it!  Had midterms this last week, the majority of which went really well!  One of them didn't go too well, but that's to be expected because of the fact its the one class I haven't been doing the reading for.  I get my result for that tomorrow, so we'll see!  Otherwise, midterms have been good, got a 94% in my Native American Lit class, which equates to an A-, and a big 72 at home, that's right people, a 1st!!!  So pleased and proud I've actually been making a real effort!  Here's a grade rundown of my three most important modules, there are some missing but you can see the current %age at the bottom of each!


So I'm not doing badly at all!!

Other events, went to Boulder last weekend to have a look around the shops, and for the most part it was a good day out, change of scene etc.  Boulder is lovely, and at only 40 mins away it is nearly a convenience for America!  Didn't buy anything though, as there weren't any shops I fancied buying at, so I saved my money.  Grant bought a brand new macbook pro, the same one as me, as they are so much cheaper here than at home (both Aus and Eng).  He's very happy, Tommy and I should be on commission, we are great salesmen for Apple!


I myself went shopping to the Foothills mall down the road yesterday - borrowed Joe's bike as he's away in California for the weekend seeing the UFC heavyweight championship, lucky boy!  About twenty minutes away its actually a really nice place, very American!  Bought a few things at Hollister, and was offered a modelling job too!  Unfortunately because of my Visa I am unable to work off campus, as I'd need a work permit, which is $340... Not sure I'd even earn that back!  Still it's nice to be offered eh!?

Went on a nighttime wander with the boys last weekend too, and ended up looking around a Frat House which was awesome.  They seem like really solid guys, all about the charity work and looking after each other, the brotherhood and all that.  They had a theatre room there which was awesome, massive projector and these stage seats:
It looks shabby, but who cares when you're in a frat house and its AWESOME!

It was Tommy's 21st birthday on tuesday, and we went out to a bar called Sundance which let anyone 18+ in for a small cover charge.  Was a good night, Tommy was really quite merry but wasn't ill which is nice!  He didn't want us spending any money on him so i made him this:
He loved it and is looking forward to using it... please excuse the awful Australia spelling mistake... shhhh.

It's been all about the work these last couple of weeks, so nothing major to report, though I have had a stinking cold, just recovering from it but it wiped me out yesterday afternoon!  Just lay in bed and felt sorry for myself.  Did buy Hannah's birthday present yesterday though, having it sent over to her in time to have it for her Leicester celebrations, won't tell you what it is in case she reads this, but its lovely.  Missing Leicester and all it could be offering me right now, but still enjoying Colorado, looking forward to the snow!



That's all for now guys, as I can't really remember what else of importance has occurred...  Will update again soon.  Much love and take care,

OH! AAAAAND... I went for a haircut at the very lovely Molly's salon just across the street, and we were talking and she said, 'Hey, if i give you a free haircut, will you record the salon voicemail for me?'  SO now, if you call Molly's salon and no-one is there the answerphone will cut in and you will hear my sultry tones advertising it!!  How awesome is that! INTERNATIONALLY VOICED STEVENS is what they now call me.  It isn't, but you get the picture.

Jack
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment